It’s our special message for the New Year 5776. It’s the ITC’s unique way of providing real solutions to the day-to-day challenges affecting thousands of Israeli children of all backgrounds.
“Israeli society is in need of a wake-up call. A child from Beit El (Modern Orthodox), a child from Rahat (Arab Bedouin), a child from Herzliya (Jewish Secular) and a child from Betar Illit (Haredi Ultra-Orthodox) – not only do they not meet each other, but they are educated toward a totally different outlook regarding the ‘basic values’ and desired character of the State of Israel.” Israeli President Reuven Rivlin
Make it possible for thousands of Israeli children to learn and appreciate the importance of ‘basic life skills and values’ by supporting the many social impact programs of the ITC. When you click on the following link and provide your generous donation, please know that the needs of our children are more urgent than ever. In fact, according to a recent study, child poverty in Israel is at a record 35.6% of its total population… nearly one of every three Israeli children… ranking it 4th among all developed nations!
Please consider making a difference in a child’s life by providing much needed funds for underserved children. Here are some ways you can support the ITC:
- $360 will send a child in-need to an ITC summer camp program;
- $500 will provide hot meals for a child in-need at the ITC;
- $1,000 will fund a scholarship for a child in-need to attend an after-school tennis program;
- $1,800 will enable a child in-need to receive tennis, transportation and tutoring;
- $3,000 will allow a child in-need to attend our Social Impact Programs.
“Boots On The Ground… Help where it’s needed most!” It’s what makes the ITC unique. And why with your help this Rosh Hashanah we can continue to empower Israel’s children… beyond tennis and beyond borders!
From all of us at your Israel Tennis Centers family, may your New Year be sparkling with blessings of good health and happiness.
Empowering Israel’s Children…Beyond Tennis and Beyond Borders
Founded in 1976, the Israel Tennis Centers (ITC) is one of the largest social service organizations for children in Israel, serving over 20,000 Israeli children every year. The ITC’s 14 centers stretch from Kiryat Shmona in the North to Beer Sheva in the South. Many of these centers are in underprivileged neighborhoods, providing disadvantaged children with a safe, structured and nurturing environment.
The ITC offers uniquely designed programs to meet the specific needs of its children:
- Social Impact: assisting youth at risk, those with special needs such as Down Syndrome and autism and children of new immigrants from Russia and Ethiopia
- Coexistence: bringing together Israeli Jews, Arabs, Bedouins and Druze to play and learn
- High Performance: training Israeli children to excel as tennis players.
All of these programs are open to all children living in Israel, regardless of background, religious affiliation or economic circumstance. No child is ever turned away.