OUR CHILDREN ARE OUR FUTURE!
As we come to the end of 2016, we look back on an extraordinary year filled with countless numbers of success stories in which the ITC empowered Israel’s children… beyond tennis… to become happy and productive members of society. At the same time, we eagerly look ahead to 2017 and, with your continued support, helping thousands more achieve to the best of their abilities.
This year the ITC celebrated its 40th anniversary, 40 years since the first center opened in Ramat Hasharon. Since then, the ITC has impacted over a half million children, their families and their communities. Over 20,000 young people participate in our life altering programs at our 14 centers every year, each looking to make a better life for themselves, particularly given that one out of every three children in Israel live below the poverty line. This alarmingly high rate of childhood poverty underscores the urgency of our mission to help children of all backgrounds.
We know we are making a tremendous difference as evidenced by the remarkable results of a recent program assessment of the progress of at-risk youth participating in our Embrace Program for this targeted population at the Krulik Family Israel Tennis Center in Tiberias. It is a great example of the impact we are having on our children throughout Israel:
• ITC staff documented significant increases and improvement in the children’s overall behavior and commitment to effort: their self-confidence, their ability to concentrate, their self-sufficiency combined with their willingness to engage in teamwork and, so important, their relationships with their peers!
• 60% were rated by their teachers in the highest academic level compared to just 37% before they started coming to the ITC and noted significant improvement in behavior since participating in the Embrace Program;
• 77% of the children said they learned new things at the center and 87% said they felt safe there;
• 90% noted that the ITC staff helped them with their confidence.
If you would like to contribute to these kinds of programs, please visit: http://www.israeltenniscenters.org/donate/ On behalf of the Israel Tennis Centers staff and especially the children, thank you for your continued support. May 2017 be a year of good health and much happiness for you and your family.
Empowering Israel’s Children…Beyond Tennis and Beyond Borders
Founded in 1976, the Israel Tennis Centers (ITC) is one of the largest social service organizations for children in Israel, serving over 20,000 Israeli children every year. The ITC’s 14 centers stretch from Kiryat Shmona in the North to Beer Sheva in the South. Many of these centers are in underprivileged neighborhoods, providing disadvantaged children with a safe, structured and nurturing environment.
The ITC offers uniquely designed programs to meet the specific needs of its children:
- Social Impact: assisting youth at risk, those with special needs such as Down Syndrome and autism and children of new immigrants from Russia and Ethiopia
- Coexistence: bringing together Israeli Jews, Arabs, Bedouins and Druze to play and learn
- High Performance: training Israeli children to excel as tennis players.
All of these programs are open to all children living in Israel, regardless of background, religious affiliation or economic circumstance. No child is ever turned away.